Share this great resource
Solar Tax Credits, Incentives and Solar Rebates in North Dakota
Latest Update:by Simone Garneau
|Solar Value Index||$748|
|Solar Energy Produced||7,127 kWh / year|
|Average retail electricity price (as of March 2017)||10.49 cents / kWh|
|Average annual consumption per household (2015 data)||13,089 kWh|
|Levelized Cost of Solar Electricity||7.86 cents / kWh|
|Reached grid parity?||Yes|
|Solar Installer||City||Sunmetrix Solar Score||Sunmetrix Cashback|
The Peace Garden State runs on coal: about three quarters of the state's electricity generation is fueled by it. The state also has ample wind resources, and about 17% of electricity comes from wind turbines. Unfortunately, solar energy is virtually non-existent in the state.
At 10.49 cents/ kWh, the electricity prices in the state are below the national average of 12.65 cents / kWh. When it comes to average electricity consumption per household, residents of this state consume 13,089 kWh per year, above the national average of 10,836 kWh.
North Dakota is a grid parity state, making solar power cheaper than the residential utility rates. Especially when used in combination with the 30% federal solar tax credit, the incentives listed below can significantly reduce the cost of installation of solar panels for your home or business.
- Renewable Energy Property Tax Exemption
- Renewable Energy Tax Credit
- Sales and Use Tax Exemption for Electrical Generating Facilities
- Average electricity consumption data is from the U.S. Energy Information Administration.
- Average retail electricity price is from the Electric Power Monthly report of the U.S. Energy Information Administration.
- Solar Value Index is based on the analysis performed using our own solar energy calculator, Sunmetrix Discover.
- State incentives list is compiled from the Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency maintained by the N.C. State University.
Spread the solar goodness: please share this guide with your friends and family.
Share this great resource
Sunmetrix is a winner of the business innovation contest organized by the U.S. Department of Energy
- We will find you up to 3 installers in your area to provide free, no-obligation quotes.
- See their consumer reviews and compare cashback deals - up to $500.
- Select your solar company, complete your installation, and we will send you cashback, with a smile!
You have a very useful website. It is very helpful, absolutely free. I will recommend it to all my friends.
1. Defined Terms.
a. Program Website: http://sunmetrix.com/
b. INSTALLER: The solar PV installation company either selected by the QUOTE-REQUESTER or by Sunmetrix.
c. QUOTE-REQUESTER is a potential residential solar customer that meets all of the following criteria: (1) owns his or her own house in a state/province where the INSTALLER operates; (2) is a legal resident of the United States or Canada; (3) is 18 years of age or older; and (4) otherwise meets Sunmetrix’s requirements, as may be updated by Sunmetrix from time to time.
d. REFERRAL FEE: The amount the INSTALLER agrees to pay Sunmetrix upon completion of the residential INSTALLATION. For U.S. companies, the indicated amount is in U.S. dollars. For Canadian companies, the indicated amount is in Canadian dollars. In the case of commercial solar quote requests, the referral fee is determined on case by case basis.
e. CASH-BACK: The amount paid to the QUOTE-REQUESTER, representing 50% of the REFERRAL FEE paid upon completion of the residential solar photo-voltaic INSTALLATION. For U.S. residents, the indicated CASH-BACK amount is in U.S. dollars, and the CASH-BACK will be sent electronically either with a PayPal Payment or with an Amazon eGift Card. For Canadian residents, the indicated CASH-BACK amount is in Canadian dollars, and the CASH-BACK will be sent electronically with an Interac e-Transfer.
f. INSTALLATION: The solar photo-voltaic INSTALLATION is for a residential system with a minimum installed capacity of 2 kW DC. Systems that are less than the minimum will not qualify for the CASH-BACK program.